Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2nd!

We are having pretty spring-ish weather so we've been trying to get out while we can. Still a little cool and sometimes windy for Bentley, so in he stays. Here he is in Peyton's bumbo. Poor boy being born after a girl that we bought everything pink for. Bumbo, bouncer, swing! He's manages and doesn't seem to mind.....yet, until he grows up and asks why he is always in pink stuff!
One of our favorite meals in the whole world is grilled steaks! Ben is the expert grillsman and makes them to perfection. I'd rather have his steaks then a steak from ANY restraunt:)
As we were grilling steaks, the dogs were going crazy and we thought it was just because we were outside. Nope, they saw our neighbors moving cows and they weren't in on the action!
Here they are after they settled down. We bought Harley (left tan puggle) June 2008. 2 weeks later, we thought she might be lonely so we bought Lexus (right copper puggle). They are full sisters, born from the same litter on April 27th, 2008. Then a year and a half ago, a friend of mine on Facebook had found a black lab puppy and she needed a home. So she came to live with us. Cici (middle black lab) was born somewhere around June 2009, we believe.
Here's a little bit of a closer look at our "adopted" kitty. We think she's a girl and she's getting more and more friendly. She'll let me pet her, if I'm slow, and we can walk around her without her hissing....as much. Still working on a name for her. If you have any suggestions, let me know;)
And last but not least, Delta is a great place to watch out for geese this time of year. We have been amazed at how many geese fly past our house. This wasn't the biggest flock of geese there was, but I couldn't get my camera fast enough for that flock. Ben guesses there were over 1,000 in it. But this flock wasn't bad in size! And you should hear them. I love the sound of geese honking!

2 comments:

Grandma Sony said...

Crazy - because Dad and I stopped and listened yesterday as "3" geese flew by - honking the fact that they're back. Whiskers is a good name for a cat. Bentley hasn't had a chance to establish his manly manliness so he'll be fine.

Tara Mc said...

Ok, I've been working so SO hard on concentrating on inside stuff so I don't scream about still living in winter. Seeing your awesome spring post, I'm thinking that I will not read about you in Delta, in SPRING anymore. I'll wait and read it while when we start to warm up and you have to go and and cool down by the A/C. Deal? Ha Ha. I'm so incredibly jealous of your spring weather. Enjoy it to the fullest for me.