Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28th!

My two younger kiddo's had their well-child checks today! They are both doing well. Growing, moving, and learning like they're supposed to be! Peyton went in for her 2 year check. She weighs 24 lbs (17 %) and is 36 1/2" tall (97%)! She didn't have her "10 minutes" to warm up to the doctor so she wasn't really liking him doing what he needed to do with her. She squeeled when he tried to do her ears and eyes. And she was still squeeling when she layed down to have her stomach and hips checks so he got a good look down her throat. They she settled down because she thought he was tickling and having fun with her. We have such a good doctor! Bentley did really good! He weighs 18 lbs 6 oz (96%) and is 27" (97%)! The dr kept saying, "Wow, storng healthy boy you got here" "Geez, he's a big boy" "He's sure going good". He even asked Ben if we'd been feeding Bentley solids yet, Ben said no, he said are you sure? But he's healthy and there's nothing wrong with him. Then we got their immunization shots. Peyton went first so she didn't have to watch Bentley cry before she got hers. She got 5, but she'll be done until Kindergarten now. She started crying a few seconds after the first one went in and she has a tendency of holding her breath instead of breathing and continuing to cry so she started turning red in the face. Ben and I have seen her do it before, and Chris used to do it too, so we didn't panic, but the nurse did, and stopped giving her the shots. I told her to just keep going and then Peyton would be fine. I hit the nail on the head. The second all the shots were done and the nurse let her legs go, she stopped, sat up, and said "owwy". Then it was Bentley's turn. He layed down for 2 shots, cried for a few second while the shots were poking him, and was fine as soon as I picked him up. I have such strong kids. I'm so glad I've been bless to have such great healthy kids!

2 comments:

RHARRIS said...

awe, Presli just had her well-check and shots too. What a tough little guy! Presli started pouting the second I laid her down...like she knew what was going on. I hate the shots prob just as much as the kids do! When is your little girls bday? I thought she was close to Connor's age, but I guess not as close as I thought.

oh and Bentley is one big boy! I would rather them have a little extra meat on them so you know they are healthy! I was always so worried about Connor, but Presli I haven't worried about at all...its SO nice! Sorry so much to say, lol!

RHARRIS said...

opps...forgot to change my account. This is RaKae I am sure you figured that out :)