Friday, February 18, 2011

Chris's accidents!

Chris is 7 years old right now and such a big help around the house. He helps with Bentley and really likes to hold him. He is also really good at keeping Peyton busy so that Ben and I can get a break on occasion. He has had a rough few days though. Monday, February 14th, Chris had a box with all his Valentine's from school and was running to the house to show me when he got off the bus. Well, we have a row of rocks lining our driveway and he forgot to step over them and down he went and spilled all the Valentine's across the lawn. He was alright, not troubles. So on Wednesday, the wind was blowing so bad at our house. Ben and I are waiting for him to get home from school and he walks in crying. We asked what happened and he said the wind was blowing rocks at his face and they really stung so he was running to the house, blocking his face from the wind, and it happened to push him as he ran. Well, it pushed him right into the same line of rocks that got him two days earlier, but his time he scratched up his side(pic 2).
Well, yesterday, the 17th, we were getting ready for school and the bus had a substitute driver so she came 3 or 4 minutes early so we were scurrying to get him out of the house. Well, if you look at pic 1, you can see the sun glaring off some ice on our sidewalk. Yup, my poor boys bad luck struck again. He hit that ice patch just as he was starting to run out to the road. Out came his feet and down he went. I ran out barefooted to help him up and see if he was okay. He had broken his waffles in half and was crying. I wasn't sure what to do. The bus driver had seen us so I wasn't sure whether to take him back in the house or hustle him out to the bus. I paniced and sent him to the bus, having told him I was so sorry and asked if he was okay, he cried yeah. I wiped his cheeks and he WALKED to the end of the drive way and jogged to the bus, that was patiently waiting. I could hear the driver ask him if he was okay. When he got home, he was none worse for the wear. He was just fine, not scrap or nothing.He's a rezealant pup though. When he got home from school, I was doing dishes. Well, Peyton was in the sink next to me "helping". So Chris wanted to help too! Here he is giving himself a pedicure! I know, crazy. All he's doing is soaking his feet, but he likes it.
He got the jersey he's wearing from his Aunt Hailie and Uncle Derek for his 7th birthday! His favorite color is blue, so it's blue. Kevin Garnett is his favorite player(just like Ben) so his number is 5. And then it has his last name on it. He loves it! He is always happy and full of energy. He has an unconditional love for everyone! He is so smart and a very good reader. We love him very much!

No comments: