Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peyton's 2 months!

My little girl is 2 months! I can hardly believe it. she is getting so big and I can't do anything to slow it down. So I'm doing my best to enjoy every bit of her while she's still little. I don't feel like I'm in as big of hurry for her to grow as I was with Chris.We went to the doctor on Monday. She is doing very well. She is 12 lbs 5 oz. Which puts her in the 88th percentile. And she's 23 1/2 inches long. We are of course dealing with the "baby acne" and her lungs are getting stronger, but she's also starting to smile, talk(as much as a 2 months old does), and she just makes life worth living. She eats at 9 pm and sleeps until 7:30 or 8:00 am. Which makes mom a happy camper. She is a happy baby, unless it's evening, but most babies have a fussy time, and that happens to be hers. My grandma Ada used to say that all babies need a fussy time because that is when their lungs get the excercise they need.



And with they doctors appointment comes the vaccinations. She got 7 vaccinations, but with the advanced medicine they have these days, they combined what they could and she only had to have 3 shots They put 2 in her right leg(the strawberry shortcake bandaid), and one in her left leg(the barbie bandaid). She cried during the shots and fussed for a few minutes afterwards, but then she fell asleep. And 12 hours and 2 doses of Tylenol later, she didn't even seem to act like anything happened. What a trooper!
We are truely blessed! She is beautiful and healthy and we couldn't ask for more. She loves her brother and her daddy......and her mom to feed her;)

2 comments:

Bassett family said...

Thanks for the update - isn't it amazing how much faster the time out of the womb goes than the last 2 months in the womb? You have to remember that vaccinations are good but I remember them hurting me almost as much as my kids who received them. Such are the joys of motherhood.

Mark, Jesi and Taylor and Madison said...

Good advice from Grandma Ada!! Taylor has a hard time from about 3 to 6 EVERYDAY! Thats great that she sleeps through the night makes things a lot easier!