Saturday, June 6, 2009

Christopher Brett Grunig

My little boy is 6! I can hardly believe it. If you'd like to take a stroll with me down my memory lane....
2009: He turned 6 today. We had a small party for him. His Grannie Annie, Grandpa Dayn, Jaycee, Ben, Peyton, and I were all here to join him on his fun day! He got an Ipod, baseball mit, bat, and ball. He also got a big dump truck that is big enough for him to sit in. Chicken strips and mac-&-cheese is his favorite meal so that's what he got! 2008: Last year at this time, we lived in Heyburn. We had a party at our house...and moved out the next day to move to Utah. There weren't many places to sit, but he had a lot of family there that didn't mind sitting on the floor. He got a 4-wheeler! Ironically, chicken strips were his favorite meal then too, so that's what we had.
2007: Then the year before we were living in an apartment in Twin Falls. We even high-lighted his hair for his birthday! There was hardly room for everyone to squeeze into, but we all made it. He got swim shorts that snap to a life jacket that matches. We all ate sloppy joes because honestly, what's easier to make for alot of people?!

2006: We were living in Pocatello while I went to school. He got spoiled by Ben when he gave him 2 pairs of Jordon shoes and a box of Tootsie pops. We had a bar-b-que in the back yard of our appartment. Jason, Erin and their kids, Jaycee & Grandma Sony and a few friends all came and we had hamburgers and hot dogs. And the orange frosty on his face was from the Shrek cupcakes he wanted instead of cake.

2005: We were living in Pocatello and had come home for the weekend. It wouldn't be his birthday for a couple days, but we wanted to have a party in Bear Lake so that family could be there. We went to the park/pavillian above the baseball feilds. He got a green lawn chair. And all we had was cake.

2004: 1st birthday! He was such a cutie...and a cheeser(as you can tell from the picture). We were at the same pavillian above the baseball feild. And maybe you can't tell, but he got a swimming pool for his birthday. And we had cake...that he got into before anyone else did, and quite enjoyed himself, as I remember.

2003: I had gone into the doctor Tuesday, June 3rd, and was dilated to a 5 so my doctor decided it would be a good idea to start me instead of letting me go on my own because of how far I was dilated and he wasn't sure I'd make it to the hospital if I went into labor on my own. So he gave me a choice, Thursday or Friday. Friday, 6/6 sounded pretty cool so that's what I decided. I went in at 7:00 am. They started me on pit, and at 9;30 am, broke my water. Promptly after that, I asked for an epidural. By 10:30 am, I had my epidural and was snoozing. Around 1:00 pm, the nurse decided I was dilated far enough and called the doctor. When he got there, I was ready to push, after about 15-20 mintues of pushing, Christopher Brett Grunig entered the world, at 1:57 pm. He was 6 lbs 9 oz, 19 inches long, and as you can tell, beautiful.
I will never forget that day! It doesn't even seem possible that it was 6 years ago. He is a great blessing in my life and I will be eternally grateful. He has such an energy about him that is contagious. I don't think there is a person in the world who has met him that doesn't just love him. He is a very optimistic boy and can do anything he puts his mind to. He is so smart, it amazes me. He has a love that is unconditional. I love him and hope he knows that.

3 comments:

Bassett family said...

Awesome post - what a fun way to recall some really good memories. Sure wish I could have been there. Time sure flies when you're having fun - and we are having fun - aren't we??? Loved the post!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Chris. Kolby talks about you all the time. We need to get you boys together to play. Give you little sister a kiss for us.

Melanie said...

What a sweet tribute. Its so fun to be a mom eh!? Its fun that we both have kids so close in age. We sure enjoyed your visit!