Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, Thanksgiving already here...and gone. Yesterday was a fun day. It was different being away from our families, but we had a good time making our own memories. First thing yesterday morning, Ben, Chris, and I started on making the pies. That was one of the few things Ben had asked me, was that at our Thanksgiving, we have some of his mom's home-made cherry pies. So we got the recipe and made the ventured. This was my first pie that didn't come with all the ingredients in a box. Having to make it from scratch is nothing like making it out of a box. But we all chipped in and did our best.

I don't think they turned out bad, and they taste really good, and that's all that matters. This is a picture of the one that turned out the best so it's the one you get to see. We did our best and made great memories.



This is our Thanksgiving Feast! It's not huge, but it suited our family just fine. We had turkey(light and dark meat because Ben's favorite is the dark), mashed potatoes, green salad, and apple/snickers salad. And of course the pies for dessert. I found out yesterday that if you don't put your turnkey in the oven until noon, you don't get Thanksgiving in the afternoon, you get dinner. Between pies and the turkey, we kept the stove hot all day. The smell was delicious. And I'm far enough into my pregnancy to enjoy it, not get neaseated from it. I'm thankful for that.


After dinner, we took the fat and skin and some trimmings from the turkey out to let the dogs enjoy their Thanksgiving too. They loved the food. Then we took them out to play. No, Chris isn't sitting on Harley. He was trying to catch her and she wouldn't stands still for a pictures so this was an attempt to catch her. But it made a fun picture to share.

I hope you all had as great of a Thanksgiving as we did. I realise I have so much to be grateful for. My family, the gospel, my home, my husband, my son, my healthy pregnancy, my husband's job, my friends, the atonment.....and I could go on and on. I am truely blessed. I hope you all had a chance to realise how lucky we all are. Thanksgiving should come more often if it helps us truely remember what great blesssings we have in our lives.




No comments: