Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oct 24th-30th!

(25th) The braids finally needed to come out! She didn't really want them to, but I talked her right into it by telling her I'd let her play in the bathtub! She's a sucker for a splash in the tub! But boy was the 'fro' crazy until the splish splash!
(26th) I was cleaning up my front room (which I seem to be doing CONSTANTLY with two little ones!) and I look over to see that Bentley and Peyton have pulled down the pillows off the dvd cupboards where I had just put them and were wrestling on them, both just a giggling away! How do you get mad at that?!

(27th) My MIL gave us some home-made sugar cookies and they were to DIE for! So I got the recipe from her and made some too. I didn't make them quite a good as hers because I rolled my dough to thin, but I thought there turned out for my first try ever at sugar cookies. I probably ate half of them, they were so good.

And to be "Halloween Festive" I even frosted them slime green!

(29th) Hailie and Derek came down for the weekend and we went over and carved pumpkins! Chris had to pick the biggest one and because he couldn't carry it, he rolled it across the whole yard. Hailie got a new camera and was kind enough to share the pictures she took with me. The rest of this blog post is due to her expert photography!

Chris and Peyton has so much fun playing on the giant pumpkin!

She wasn't as sure once she was on it by herself(eye-seff as she would say it)!

One we cut the top off, way Chris went to gut it. Peyton liked to grab the guts out of the garbage and squish it in her hands!

Which Chris didn't mind doing either!

We scrapped it the rest of the way clean with our handy dandy carving kit tool and she was ready to go!

So Chris pinned the paper with the design he wanted on it and we traced it out.

Bentley had a ball with everyone down at his level!

Peyton got bored with it after a while and decided to play dress up with Grandpa. He's such a good sport!

She apparently thought it was a bonnet! Oh well, she had fun anyways. Then we had to go home so the actual carving of the pumpkin got postponed until Halloween!

1 comment:

Grandma Sony said...

Oh my goodness - what a delightful catch up - awesome pictures - when I grow up - I think I'd like to do that. Great blog on kids - they grow too fast when you're not watching. I am so-o glad you are near family - where all good things are better !!!