Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 2012!

 Chris's last day of school was June 1st.  He's gotten so big this year, I can hardly believe that he's the same kid:)
 Chris turned 9 on June 6th!  But it was his year to be with his dad for the actual day of his birthday so I had a family birthday party for him on the 2nd, before he headed to his dad's for the summer.  It's been a long time coming, but Chris finally got a set of scriptures.  He was so excited, he had them open and was reading the first page when I went down to put him to bed that night.  He also got some new summer clothes and gym shorts. Grannie Annie and Grandpa Dayn got him a basketball and boy did he LOVE that!
 He couldn't get it out of the box fast enough.
 He also got a few new games for his DSi.  He played it none stop until we sent him to bed that night:)
 Bentley and Peyton sure had fun taking turns trying on his new clothes!
 While Ben and I were in Atlanta, we left Peyton and Bentley with my mom and dad.  Chris was at his dad's.  My parents were kind enough to take the time to go over to one of Chris's coach-pitch baseball games.  He hit a home-run and they were able to click a picture just as he hit it.
 My cousin Kellen got married the weekend we were away so my kids got to go and be a part of the festivities.  My Peyter bug LOVES the temple.  She tried to convince Grandma Sony on the way to Provo that she's a big girl now so she can go IN the temple too:)  The best my mom could do was to take a nice picture of Peyton admiring the temple.  Ironically enough, this is the temple Ben and I were sealed in :D
 Bentley is a Grandpa lover.  He made himself a good friend while staying with my parents.
Here are Peyton and Bentley while waiting at the temple.

 We made daddy cupcakes for Father's day.  This was Peyton's......
And Bentley's attempt at eating them:)
 The next day, Bentley snuck a cupcake off the counter and I told him he could have it after dinner and to put it back.  This was what I found him looking like when I went to check if he'd put it back!
 Our cherries on our trees are starting to hit prime picking time so we spend a couple hours out in the yard.  Peyton saw me get my camera so she had to grab her's too.
 With my balance not being supreme, I decided to let Ben go up the ladder to pick the higher branches.
 Peyton liked to climb the latter with daddy too!
 Bentley decided since he couldn't reach the cherries on the tree, he'd pick the ones up off the ground that Ben and I had thrown down because the birds had punctured them.
 He very much enjoyed helping and being outside!
 And he goes where daddy goes!
 We are blessed to live in the country and our kids LOVE to watch the crop dusters spray the fields.  Surrounded by fields, we have them fly right over our house a couple times throughout the summer!
 It's was really hot the last week of June so we let the kids get out and play in the sprinkler.
 Bentley just LOVES being outside!
 As does Peyton!
 Oh, the facial expressions of a 3 yr old!  She was wondering if she was gonna get caught blocking the water with her foot.
 Then it became a game
These two really are the best of friends
 And do pretty good at helping each other out when needed.
 Bentley wasn't sure of the sprinkler at first, but after Peyton assured him it was alright, it was like pulling teeth to get the two of them to come it.
 Hailie got to come up and visit the last weekend of the month and my kids sure love her!  They sat at the counter while she cut up stuff for homemade salsa.
 We got to play in Grannie Annie yard with the tents.
 And Aunt Hailie taught Bentley "cut the pickle, tickle tickle" and he thought it was a great game!

No comments: